Am back in the mood for tatting and thought I may try my hand at designing some pieces. But to get some inspiration for new designs, I am looking back over some of the things I have made from other peoples patterns.
 |
| Tatted handkerchief for Grandma |
|
 |
| Tatted Mirror | |
 |
| Tatted pincushions |
I like small intricate work and seem to be obsessed with making things smaller. With corsets anything larger thant my 20" waspie is just pointless and with tatting, only the finest thread will do... It is incresingly difficult to get hold of fine crochet mercerised cotton, so whenever I do find some I snap it up. I like to work with DMC 100 or 80 at the largest! I have also worked using a good quality sewing thread before to make really tiny border for this scented drawer cushion I embroidered.
 |
| Tatted Drawer Cushion |
Tatting is a lot of fun and really relaxing and I like to do it while I am listening to music or an audio book or watching TV...
These are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason my blog list is not telling me when you and one other blog post something. A mystery as to why, because the others are working.
Think I may have sorted the problem, hope I'm not speakng too soon. :o)
ReplyDelete