And the moo cows...
It's amazing to see Cows up close - I do know they are big, but it isn't until you get up close you realise just how enormous they can be - especially the big beef breeds' bulls. But my favourite are the highland which tend to be slightly smaller and the calves are unbearably gorgeous...
As a vegetarian, I am torn between feeling very sad that these poor creatures get eaten and the knowledge that if they weren't they probably would not be around at all. The best I can hope for therefore is that they get a good life before that unfortunate day.









Firstly, thanks for your comment on my blog Dizzy. I'm sorry it did not appear for days. You see I forgot that I have moderation "on" for comments on posts older than 7 days. My fault for missing it.
ReplyDeleteNow, if you like music from the 20's, and 30's - I have loads! All my favourite tunes/songs come from those inter-war years. I have a huge collection of sheet music. I only wish I was able to play it.
I do try on my piano but I am not very good.
Don't worry about those sheep and cows being eaten. They are safe. I'm sure all of them as show breeds, are only used for breeding,
and not for the 'table'. :)
Cheers......Bernard
Put your worries aside Show Cattle get the very best of treatment, the more prizes they win in the competitions
ReplyDeletethe higher their value and that off their offspring. For example a pedigree Irish ram (sheep) was sold recently £125,000.