Well, I haven't been on much lately as it has been just so hectic over the last few weeks. From a long visit from my brother and sister in law to poorly bunny needing veterinary care (she's fine just a bunny cold we can't seem to shift) I just don't seem to have found time to get the computer out!
I took a week off of work to use up some annual leave and take a break. I decided that I was going to spend the week doing only hobbies. It was bliss and made me wish I could find a way to make a living from my art and craft pursuits, where I excel, rather than plugging away each day with the bordeom of admin. To update you on some of the projects I managed to complete, as usual I have added a couple of pictures below! I also began the pattern drafting for my latest corsets. The corsets are a secret project which I will reveal upon completion. Suffice to say however they are part of a special set of outfits for myself and a friend for the Whitby Goth Weekend which are going to be extremely girly :-)
Amongst other things, I finished the miniature patchwork box lid...
I finished the quilted fan wall hanging kit and made a bag from Japanese cotton.
The most surprising event of the last few weeks is of bunny origin. I haven't updated much on the bunnies for a while. The little tykes have grown fast and are pretty much full size. They have been gradually learning the ropes of being house bunnies, although Flo still insists that litter trays are for losers and leaves us little presents around the flat... hoping that age will put a stop to this. The time had come to get the bunnies spayed as girl bunnies sadly have a 70% chance of developing uterine cancer by the age of 4. Also it helps them get along as the hormones kick in otherwise they do get rather stroppy and can fall out with each other. The day came and apprehensive though I naturally was about the possible risks with anaesthetic, off the bunnies went to see the vet.
We had a little bit of a surprise getting the bunnies back. Upon opening Flo up the vet couldn't find a uterus. This is because Flo is in fact a boy! Poor little man had not developed properly in the little boys department and we didn't know! Flo or Flops as his now rechristened has now been castrated by a very sheepish vet who had previously told us Flo was a girl. To be fair to the vet she hasn't handled Flops for a while and given the lack of obvious evidence can be forgiven for thinking that the bunny was a girl as previously thought. Both bunnies are recovering remarkably quickly and are already happily hopping around.

I still keep calling him her. Poor little man, what an indignity.
ReplyDelete